Monday, March 19, 2012

Felt Board and Felt Pictures

I made this felt board for my son's newly remodeled room.  I found the cork board at a local thrift store for $1.50.  It measures 23 1/5 X 35 1/4 inches.  I bought a yard each of blue(sky) and green(grass) felt. 
 I stapled the blue on first and then cut the green in half to put over the blue.  I also glued the green on the front to keep it from coming off.

 To make the felt pictures you will need Mod Podge, a paint brush, felt pieces, and a photo/image.  I printed my pictures then Mod Podged them to the felt.  I also put a layer of Mod Podge over the image.


 Once the Mod Podge is dry you can cut around the images.
Add caption

SHAPES
 The shapes and the ABC's I just cut free hand.  I cut a little pond out of a dark blue felt sheet.  I also made some of the felt pieces(butterflies, farm animals, sailboat) out of stickers I had.  I just put the stickers on the felt and cut around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment