Thursday, February 23, 2012

How to create your own stamps/ink pad and MY FIRST BLOG!

So this is my first blog(Ever) so please bear with me while I'm just learning how this whole thing works.  My name is Heidi and I love doing crafty things so I thought I would start this blog to show off my craftiness.  So here goes nothing...

For my first post I decided to show you my latest, greatest thing I've been working on for the past week.  I kind of got the idea from Pinterest and other fellow bloggers with a few variations and improvements of my own.   Creating your own stamps and ink pad is so cheap and easy.  No more buying those expensive wood-mounted rubber stamps.  And I didn't even want to attempt carving my own with those sharp tools with the risk of stabbing my hand(and probably passing out).

Here are the supplies you will need for the ink pad...

Paper plate(or other flat surface to put paint on)
Felt sheets
Scissors
Table salt
Acrylic craft paint

First you will take your acrylic craft paint(any color you wish)  and put some on a flat surface and sprinkle a little table salt on it.  The table salt thins out your paint so it's more liquefied.  Cut a piece of felt to cover the pool of paint/salt mixture.  Let the paint soak through and there you have your own homemade ink pad!  When you are done just rinse out the piece of felt and you can re-use it  again and again.  See, I said it was easy :~)

Ok, for the stamps you will need...

Scissors
Toothpick
Foam craft sheets
Blocks of wood(for mounting)
Mod Podge or Tacky Glue

First pick a design for your stamp.  My first stamp was a feather(above photo).  You can print out a template to use or just free-hand it like I did.  Cut out your outline shape from the foam craft sheet.  Then with a toothpick you will make details into the foam.  When you are done you will glue the foam stamp onto a piece of wooden block.  Simple!  The possibilities are endless... 

Have fun stamping!  ~Heidi~

No comments:

Post a Comment